Good luck to all Townsville Indoor Cricket players who start their junior state titles this weekend at Strathpine in Brisbane.
On the 4-5 October at Endeavour Park the Bulls Masters Country Challenge will be held. The games are T20 format and will include the best T20 players from CQ Seamers, Mackay-Whitsunday Nitros, NQ Monsoons and Far North Fusion .
This will be a great weekend of cricket with all the atmosphere that T20 games produce.
NQCA and Townsville Cricket are hosting the comp. There will be 8 games played over the two days with a final on Sunday from 2pm. First games start at 10am on Saturday 04/10/14 with 2 games being played at 10am then at 2pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The following Bulls Masters will be acting as mentors for the teams over the two days.
- Far North Fusion- Jimmy Maher
- Central Qld Seamers- Ken Healy
- Mackay/Whitsundays- John Buchanan
- North Qld Monsoons- Andrew Symonds
The following Queensland Academy of Sport and Qld State Age players have been selected by the Qld State Selection Panel to play for the NQ Zones teams in Townsville on October 4 & 5.
- FNQ – Scott Walter ( QAS Squad member ) left arm fast medium swing bowler lower order bat
- TN – Andrew Gode (QAS Squad member ) RH top order / opening bat, right arm wrist spinner
- MWS – Sam Heazlett ( Qld U19 Captain ) LH top order bat / opening bat, Left arm orthodox
- CQ – Ben McDermott ( Bulls Rookie, U19 Aus ) RH Top order bat , wicketkeeper.
If you could promote through your club networks it would be good to have juniors and supporters to come along and support our own NQ Monsoons.
Get out the whites as the cricket season is here. The A Grade T20 competition will be played over the weekend, with the first games at Endeavour Park starting at 9am Saturday. All other senior grades begin too. Check MyCricket for the season draws.
On Tuesday September 16th, Eliza West from Queensland Cricket will be in Townsville to conduct a training and information session on MyCricket, how to use the system and how it will benefit your club.
- Date: Tuesday 16th September
- Venue: Tony Ireland Stadium, Function Room
- Time: 6pm Onwards
The purpose of the session is to up skill cricket administrators/volunteers in using the MyCricket system. After the session, you’ll be able to perform the tasks for your club including: entering results and player scorecards, registering players, managing your members database, using the communication tools (email & SMS) plus much more.
MyCricket is a free online resource that provides a home for community cricket in Australia. The system assists clubs & associations in managing a wide range of tasks including:
- Manage Fixtures and Results
- Match Results & Scorecards
- Team Selections
- Houses Club & Player statistics
- MyCricket Scorer app (live scores)
- Free Websites
- Communication (Email & SMS)
- Manager Member details
- Online Registration and Payments
- Track Player Movement (Transfers & Clearances)
- FREE MyCricket Club Website including the Club App
- MyCricket Scorer App, and the opportunity to generate interest for your club/association by having live scores.
- Benefits of an up-to-date members database.
- Honour Board & Office Bearers
- Inputting Historical data
If you have any queries about the session, please contact Regional Cricket Officer – Simon Edge for more details. You can also RSVP for the session by emailing or phoning Simon.
Plus you can also review the new 2014/15 MyCricket Administrator Season Guide by clicking on this link: My Cricket User Guide 2014/15
We look forward to seeing you there.
If you are interested in teaching the art of swing bowling, what and how to coach juniors, and how to run a quality net session, please come along to the North Queensland Coach Education Seminar on Friday 8 August at Tony Ireland Stadium.
Current Queensland Bulls bowling coach Chris Swan will host the session along with other Queensland Cricket staff. It starts at 5.30pm (just after the close of play in the Australia A game) and will run till 7.30pm.
For catering purposes, please register with Simon Edge – email@example.com or 0409 520051.