Great crowd came to watch the first T20 International in Townsville between PNG and Ireland. Game 2 Sunday 7th Feb at 2pm Free entry come and join in the atmosphere
Due to the rain overnight unfortunately games today at Mick Downey oval Cutheringa Oval have been called off for Saturday.
Matches at Wests are off today.
Unfortunately last nights rain has got under the covers, so this morning’s under 15 matches have been washed out.
U13 matches are still on at this stage. Coaches should make a decision based on conditions at the ground.
Community Cricket Coaching courses (formerly Level 1 coach course) will be offered in Townsville February 2016.
- WHAT: Community Coaching Course
- DATES: Sunday 21st February 2016
- TIME: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- VENUE: Tony Ireland Stadium, Sporting Drive, Thuringowa Central
NOTES: You will need to be available all day from 9am to 4pm. Lunch will be provided. Please wear active light clothing and runners.
In previous seasons coaches have been able to register on the day but are no longer able to due to the process being online. All coaches need to complete the free “Introduction to Cricket’ course which allows them to then register and pay before attending. Coaches who are not registered will unfortunately be unable to attend.
I can’t stress the importance of clubs providing coaches adequate notice to register as registrations close at 5pm Friday 18th February.
- Step 1: Log onto the CCA site (details below) Coaches to contact me if there are any issues.http://community.cricket.com.au/coach/courses#
- Step 2: Under the Courses tab please complete the free “Introduction to Cricket” course. The online course is a non-negotiable and must be completed.
- Step 3: Once Intro to cricket is completed – Under the Courses tab, select the course you wish to attend then register and pay.
In terms of payment, the only way clubs can subsidize or pay for their coaches is by either:
- a) Reimbursing them post course
- b) Having them register for the course at your club and use the clubs credit card
Unfortunately there is no way around this and this is how all registrations must take place. All documentation and accreditation will come directly from CA.
- If you are a club or an association who does offer to reimburse participants then please make this known to all interested coaches!
- Remember all women and girl attendees can take part for FREE! (for details please inquire)
Cricket Australia have revamped the coaching course with a new coaching philosophy. I can guarantee that coaches that come along to these course will be armed with fantastic new content for the season as well as having a great day out.
Please contact Tony Hampson – Regional Development Manager, Northern & Central (P – 0428 742 579 E – email@example.com ) or Phil Robinson Talent Officer – Central & Northern (P – 0429 218 701 E – firstname.lastname@example.org ), if you have any further queries.
The Minister for International Development and the Pacific, Steve Ciobo attended the training session of the visiting PNG Cricket side on Friday to announce Australia’s continuing support of Pacific cricket through the Australian Government’s successful Pacific Sports Partnership program. Townsville Cricket was invited to the announcement and had the opportunity to meet the Minister along with the Federal Minister for Herbert, Ewen Jones, and talk with them about the PNG cricket initiatives that Townsville Cricket is looking to implement, and looking to develop closer ties with the cricket community in the Pacific region.
The Australian Government is providing $780,000 to Cricket Australia over the next two years, in partnership with the International Cricket Council, to support community programs that address health, gender equality and disability challenges in Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Samoa and Fiji. Fed Govt Media Release – Supporting the Pacific through sport- PNG Cricket in Townsville